Re: [Melb] Airport Heavy Rail Connection Needed!

In article <3b05cf8b@iridium.webone.com.au>, Derick Wuen wrote:
>> I haven't seen anything about whether it will be part of the multimodal
>>ticketing system.  Or if it'll be another scam like in Sydney where it's
>>something like $10 each way.
>>

> $10 for rail in Sydney compares favourably with $7 (??) for PTC Airport
> Express bus when time, predictability and comfort are taken into account.
> Who's scamming what here?

Come to think of it.... the Skybus from Melbourne Airport to the CBD is
more expensive than the Sydney train!  I was really pissed off when the
driver said $11 or whatever it was.  I couldn't beleive that a service
that doesn't quite substitute a train could be more expensive than a
train that has the same purpose in a different city.

Next time I go, I might just get a taxi all the way home.  Might cost
$40-50 but at least I wouldn't be waiting a SSS for 40 minutes on a
Sunday night or being ripped off by a bus company that is more expensive
than a train servicein Sydney (and Sydney is meant to be more
expensive).

--
Jeremy Lunn
ICQ: 19255837