Re: [Melb] Airport Heavy Rail Connection Needed!

David McLoughlin wrote in message <3B072F5D.5983@iprolink.co.nzzzzz>...
>Derick Wuen wrote:
>>
>> David McLoughlin wrote

<snipped stuff about taxi drivers / companies similar to Sydney and
Melbourne situation>

>Tullamarine certainly needs a rail link joined to the suburban system.
>Surely Melbournites must be envious of the Sydney and now Brisbane
>airport rail connections?
>
>On the other hand, JFK airport in New York City doesn't have a rail link
>to Manhattan even though the A Train subway line to Far Rockaway passes
>very close to the airport.... IIRC from my last visit, they are now
>building some kind of rail link from JFK to Jamaica Station on the Long
>Island Rail Road in Queens, but that would still entail having to change
>trains to get to Manhattan or anywhere else, and it is not part of the
>NYC MTA and its unified fare structure.

Can't comment on New York.

London 3 airports 3 rail links
Paris 2 airports 2 rail links
Amsterdam 1 airport 1 rail link
Frankfurt 1 airport 3 (!) rail links
Washington DC 3 airports 2.5 rail links (catch bus from Dulles to East or
West Falls Church - I think- for metro)

Washington has 3 airports with 2