Re: [Melb] Airport Heavy Rail Connection Needed!

In article <90A88CC7AgunzelT333@203.50.2.80>, Michael wrote:
> Ah. The local NIMBY movement in action. They claim to speak for "everyone"
> in the area. What a pity I *want* the airport line via Broadmeadows.

I know this is disscussed a lot but doesn't the boardmeadows line go a
good 5km away from the airport?

So pressuming the trains could do 100km/h over this strach of track,
wouldn't that be a loss of at least 3 minutes?  How long would it take
to run express from SSS to Broadmeadows? 15-20 minutes?

I think this route is only acceptable if trains can be run at at least
100km/h for the whole route which should make it about 13 minutes.  But
for this the government would need to grade seperate all level crossings
and possibly lay extra track (I can't remember how much track there is
between the city and broadmeadows... I haven't been out that way since
late last year).

--
Jeremy Lunn
ICQ: 19255837