Re: [Melb] Airport Heavy Rail Connection Needed!

In article <BJWN6.65687$ff.510540@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Daniel Bowen wrote:
> Likewise, I hold a monthly ticket, so the train wouldn't cost. For me the
> cost factor wasn't as important as avoiding two long Sunday night waits.

I'm a student so the cost factor is pretty important.  I only ever
travel for educational purposes (eg Linux Conference in Sydney in
Janurary) and family things.  If I had mobile internet connectivity then
time spent waiting wouldn't be a problem (providing I wasn't in a place
where someone was likely to steal my hardware).

> As mentioned previously, there is a direct private bus to Box Hill. It's
> infrequent, and takes 90-120 minutes from Box Hill to the airport. The web
> site doesn't appear to reveal what the fares are, either.
>
> http://www.airportbus.com.au

Their low frequency has lost my patronage with them every time (twice)
when I've come back from the airport alone.  It's funny to think that I
got home half an hour before their damn bus even left the airport.

--
Jeremy Lunn
ICQ: 19255837