Re: Re: [Melb] Airport Heavy Rail Connection Needed!

Last year our family went to watch the Swans at Colonial Stadium. A local
waiting for the Skybus suggested that it would be cheaper for the 4 of us to
get a cab. It cost about $28 to the stadium instead of 4 x $12 on the bus.
Crazy.... At the end of the weekend we thought it would be good to catch the
tram to Airport West and then cab it. Silly me thought Airport West was
close to the airport. Ended up near Westfields at 6pm on a Sunday night in
what seemed like the middle of no where.

Last weekend it was just my wife & I, so we caught the bus in. And then,
being the tram nut I am, caught the tram to Essendon and cabbed it from
there. Much better..

The Answer: Generally the business traveler will always catch the cab for
point to point convenience. An extension of the tram line to Tullamarine
seems too obvious. It wouldn't be a fast trip but a nice way to get there.
Why didn't they think about it when they seemed to plan out Tullamarine so
well all those years ago?

Mark P.