Strange behaviour

Overheard in the back of the cab today (picked up from top rank,
located at Katoomba Rail, taking to Mt. Victoria Rail)....

"They were checking tickets on the buses."

"They have never done that before."

"Bugger that, I'm not buying a train ticket."

The irony is that the cab fare was $26.25, and the rail fare would
have been $2 or $3 each, a maximum of $10 for the three of them. They
were willing to spend $26.25 on a cab to avoid paying $10 in rail
fares.

And I dropped them at Mt. Vic rail, so it is not as if the convenience
of a cab dropping them at their front door is what won them over.

Dave