RE: Mildura Trains

>A tilt train wouldn't be much use on the long, relative straight track
>in the north of the state. 6 hours only requires an average speed of
>about 100km/h. You can do this with 160km/h running.

I'd rather spend the dough on straightening curves than on a tilt train.

>Meanwhile, they could bring back the Vinelander. 4 of the 5 sleeping
>cars are usable, and WCR has Overland cars.

Yes, they should do this immediately (or as soon as they can organise the
train staff, etc). It doesn't matter if the Vinelander takes 8 or 9 hours
because its overnight - might as well slow down and save fuel. It doesn't do
much good for places like Maryborough though because of the odd hours that
the
VL passes through.

Vaughan Williams
Secretary