Re: Mildura Trains

> >Meanwhile, they could bring back the Vinelander. 4 of the 5 sleeping
> >cars are usable, and WCR has Overland cars.

Shouldn't behard to get fittings from WCR or GSR since they are "joint
stocks". My questions are do VLP have enough locos? Sould the train go
through Geelong North Shore like it used to?

> Yes, they should do this immediately (or as soon as they can organise the
> train staff, etc). It doesn't matter if the Vinelander takes 8 or 9 hours
> because its overnight - might as well slow down and save fuel. It doesn't
do
> much good for places like Maryborough though because of the odd hours that
> the
> VL passes through.

Maryborough really isn't all that far from Ballarat, it won't be hard to
simply extend some of the Ballarat Sprinter services.
I've been to Maryborough several times and I noticed the connection bus
services from Ballarat is growing at setady rate.
Very soon they would need the second bus.

Cheers
James