Re: [Vic] Bracks puts rural rail services back on track in $32m project

On Mon, 14 May 2001 10:02:48 +1000, David Bromage
<dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote:

>DL wrote:
>> Under government plans, lines would be restored to allow trains to travel at
>> up to 130kmh. The first of the restored passenger services - to Ararat and
>> Bairnsdale - are expected to start in mid-2003.
>
>Bairnsdale can be restored sooner than that. No new rollingstock is not
>required. since the Gippslander sits at Sale for 3 hours.

I think Bairnsdale is expecting more than one train a day, David.

And not only that. Hopefully, the reopening will result in more people
using services. If so, where will VLP get it's extra capacity from? I
can't imagine Steamrail hiring out it's carriages.

It's no co-incidence that  line re-openings will occur at the same
time as the introduction of new country passenger rolling stock.

Les Brown