Re: Melbourne to get a monorail?

> Included in this, explain why other types of people movers can't do the
> same things. E.g. please tell us why light rail can't be elevated.

OK.

Firstly, an elevated light rail system would be a lot bigger, bulkier, more
expensive, louder, and uglier way to do it (though it's an interesting idea
and common practice).

Busses are confined to the streets, and even dedicated busways are not
entirely seperate from the roads. Again generally speaking you cannot
elevate them without the same problems as above.

Subways dont have the flexibility of sharp curves, gradients etc.

Cable cars/gondolas cannot negotiate sharp turns without turning stations,
and can be dangerous in bad weather.

Any other forms of transport you want me to cover?