Re: Melbourne to get a monorail?

> As to Waverley, remember the proposal is for a theme park. Monorails are
> excellent as tourist attractions, but they are not public transport.

Been to Tokyo lately? As I said, they have a high speed airport monorail -
much higher capacity than Sydney's, much longer, double track, and much
higher patronage. I agree that Sydney's monorail is little more than a
tourist route, but there are some valid uses for them in terms of commuting.

I'm not particularly a monorail enthusiast (I dont photograph them, chase
them etc) but I see nothing seriously wrong with them - not enough to get
rid of them anyway.

Brendan