Re: Box Hill Tram update

"Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
Bhpn6.53731$o85.305646@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:Bhpn6.53731$o85.305646@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> "Chris Gordon" <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> 3A9DFCC7.18F12D3C@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au">news:3A9DFCC7.18F12D3C@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...
> > re-painting, but I have no idea what they did to the brakes) The rest of
> > the CC trams are currently being re-painted at Preston Workshops.
>
> Hmm yeah... that's a good way to fix the brake problems! :-)
>

> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
> dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au
> Melbourne public transport FAQ http://www.custard.net.au/melbtrans/

They're probably painting the brake blocks, where they contact the wheel
surface, with an anti-slip paint.
They could follow San Francisco's example and do what they do on the cable
cars, replace them with pine blocks.  Then they'd only have to replace them
every three days.  Smells good too, the aroma of burning pine as you descend
Hyde Street toward Fisherman's wharf.

Regards

David Bennetts