Re: DSRM is ....

Trevor Edmonds wrote:

> Michael wrote...
>
> > Given the dire motive power shortage at the moment, has the DSRM
> considered
> > leasing a diesel, two or three, to a mainline operator, example Freight
> > Australia? Given that there are two servicable diesels mentioned above,
> and
> > surely there must be more servicable diesels, it could be a good cash cow
> > for DSRM.
>
> This has been considered. We did not feel there was a sufficient benefit.
> Some people who leased out their locos have now withdrawn from the market,
> which seems to confirm our position. In addition, we are no longer connected
> to the main line. Shifting main line locomotives by road is quite a task.

Well, maybe this should have been done before they where shifted by road. There
are still ones out there making money from spare loco's, If I guess correctly at
one of the main ones you say have not made it doing this, that is becuase they
didn't do it right and ran money loosing trains.

By the group hiring out a loco or two to a another operator, and in the
agreement, they maintain said loco. how can it be bad for you? They pay you to
use it and they also maintain the said loco for you. win/win I would have
guessed.

--
Bye for now,

Eben

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~tkid/

I feel like I'm in a rut.  Every time I go to bed at night,
I find myself just getting up again in the morning.
     ---Brad Stine