Re: Carr road rescue derails train lin

David Martin wrote:

> It seems to me that the 2 projects are not greatly competitive.

It very much is. if you have a look proposed rail route from Calingford through
to Chatswood.  It is not that far away from the M2 especially around the North
Ryde area.

> How many of the people using the Windsor to Parramatta road corridor would
> stop doing so if the Parra - Chats rail link was in place? Very few, I
> think. The 2 projects serve different purposes.

That is true for motorist that fit that scenario.

> As a Blue Mountains resident, I want to see the rail link built. But it also
> seems to me that the upgrade of Windsor Rd is long overdue.

But we have to be sure that it has the right effect for the region not just as a
tool to funnel more traffic on to the M2 thus increasing urban gridlock, with no
public transport alternative.