[NSW] Noise from stabled CityRail trains

The Blue Mountains Gazette contained an article today concerning locals at Mt
Victoria complaining about the noise from stabled V-sets.  Numerous sets are
stabled every night with some stabled for the duration of the weekend.  The
cars are stabled with pantographs raised and the noise was put down to the
compressors and generators.

Why aren't these sets stabled with their pantographs lowered each evening and
thus compressors and generators (I didn't know these made perpetual noise)
off?  Regarding other locations I've noticed that most (all?) cars stabled at
Penrith have their pantographs raised while cars (air-conditioned) stabled on
Blacktown's down refuge had their pants down last Saturday.

Chris