Re: [OT] You know you're a hardcore railfan when...

Brown Family wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:06:17 +1000, "Jonathan Boles"
> <jaboles@crossswinds.net> wrote:
>
> >Here's a few to get you started:
> >
> >...when you think about putting multi chime air horns on top of your car.
> >
> >...when you try to take a picture of 3801/3830 through a Tangara window.
> >
> >...when you'd prefer to learn drive a train before you learn to drive a car.
> >
> >...when you learn to distinguish Sydney sparks by sound.
> >
> >...when you discuss ways to make the cityrail system more efficient.
> >
> >...when you write software to emulate station announcements
> >
> >...when you are in the process of writing software to emulate the Cityrail
> >plasma screen (actually I'll release an alpha version soon)
> >
> >...when you look forward to drooling over double-page-spread colour pics in
> >Motive Power.
> >
> When you look forward to the boom gates going down BEFORE you get to
> the level-crossing.
>
> When you feel you haven't really visited a town unless you visit the
> railway station.
>
> When you take a "shortcut" across some railway yard that actually
> makes the trip 10 minutes longer than if you took the more normal
> route.
>
> When taking the family for a drive, they complain that all they ever
> seem to see is rust (no, I don't mean Dorrigo).

...when you don't go anywhere without a complete set of timetables

...when you work out the longest trip you can take on the CityRail
network in 1 day, and/or the quickest way to do the whole network (inc.
buses)

... when you do either of the trips you just planned! (not guilty...
yet!)
--
Michael Hendy

Webmaster, http://biisetup.cjb.net

e-Gunzel - aus.rail

Basilisk II support questions should be sent to the Delphi forums if
possible, so that they can be quickly and accurately answered (I don't
know everything!)

--
"The world's programmers are trying to make the best idiot-proof
software. The universe, however, is trying to make the best idiot.

"It is our policy to upgrade our product every few months to keep up to
date with new CPUs (such as Athlon and Pentium 4), new Oses (Windows
XP), so that our code base does not get stable." - Darek Mihocka,
Emulators Inc.