Re: [OT] You know you're a hardcore railfan when...

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:06:17 +1000, "Jonathan Boles"
<jaboles@crossswinds.net> wrote:

>Here's a few to get you started:
>
>...when you think about putting multi chime air horns on top of your car.
>
>...when you try to take a picture of 3801/3830 through a Tangara window.
>
>...when you'd prefer to learn drive a train before you learn to drive a car.
>
>...when you learn to distinguish Sydney sparks by sound.
>
>...when you discuss ways to make the cityrail system more efficient.
>
>...when you write software to emulate station announcements
>
>...when you are in the process of writing software to emulate the Cityrail
>plasma screen (actually I'll release an alpha version soon)
>
>...when you look forward to drooling over double-page-spread colour pics in
>Motive Power.

When you look forward to the boom gates going down BEFORE you get to
the level-crossing.

When you feel you haven't really visited a town unless you visit the
railway station.

When you take a "shortcut" across some railway yard that actually
makes the trip 10 minutes longer than if you took the more normal
route.

When taking the family for a drive, they complain that all they ever
seem to see is rust (no, I don't mean Dorrigo).

Les Brown