Re: Brisbane airtrain

John Coyle <nospam@newsranger.com> wrote in article
<IKRT6.141$pb1.3896@www.newsranger.com>:

>Anyhow, the real point made to QR was, other counties in our region do
>build high quality rolling stock at far less cost than here. Look at it
>this way, if QR spent $500,000 on a second hand two car diesel set from
>overseas, and another one million dollars rebuilding the train, or more,
>for that matter, they would save four million dollars, per two car set!

If you believe that your organisation has caused or wants to cause QR to
purchase offshore, then you can also thank yourself for closing down part
of Australias rollingstock industry and putting more people out of work.

Victoria under privatisation, sold out to Europe for rollingstock
manufacture and immediately Adtranz in Dandenong closed, and more recently
Goninan in Bendigo have closed. That's more people unemployed.

For the sake of saving if a few dollars, is it really worth selling out
offshore???? Remember the old saying that goes like "charity starts at
home".

Support local industry, not overseas interests!

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME