Re: Brisbane airtrain

In article <rCdT6.106450$ff.802796@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Dean Stalker
says...

>>Yes, I knew that additional SMU cars are on order. >But, how long has the
>plan to build the airport line been >known about? Years, of course! So, the
>dedicated >airport trains should have been in service before the line
>>opened! Remember the "Five P's". Proper Planning >Prevents Poor
>Performance.
>

>Get it right, they're IMUs on order not SMUs.
>
>Well, there you go, Dean, I should have said IMU's and not SMU's are being orded for Brisbane Airport services! I hope that you don't lose any more sleep over such a minor error! QR/Airtrain still should have planned to operate modern train sets with suitable luggage space, from "day one", not months after the opening of the line. Plus, has there been anything said about providing a good quality PT map in the trains? Or, perhaps a rack on board the trains for accommodation, tourist information, and local and long distance timetables, so that passengers can obtain that information before reaching the Brisbane CBD? Or, will people say that the ideas I have outlined here, are not viable? What will you say, if the above concepts are used by Airtrain? That it wasn't my idea? I would expect so, Dean!

I had a letter published in a newspaper, that raised the above ideas. Plus the
concept of painting the cars in bright colors, and having a car on each set
sponsored by the private sector, using well produced advertising. Various local
councils, such as Brisbane, Ipswich, the Gold Coast, etc, could promote their
regions by having high quality murals done on the inside of some of the cars.

I wonder whether you "nit-pic" other aus.rail users on every point that you
think is wrong. If so, you will be burning the candle at both ends! No hard
feelings, Dean, have a nice day.