Re: Brisbane airtrain

"John Coyle" <nospam@newsranger.com> wrote in message
uugT6.439$bA3.18290@www.newsranger.com">news:uugT6.439$bA3.18290@www.newsranger.com...
> In article <rCdT6.106450$ff.802796@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Dean
Stalker
> says...
> >
> >>Yes, I knew that additional SMU cars are on order. >But, how long has
the
> >plan to build the airport line been >known about? Years, of course! So,
the
> >dedicated >airport trains should have been in service before the line
> >>opened! Remember the "Five P's". Proper Planning >Prevents Poor
> >Performance.
> >

> >Get it right, they're IMUs on order not SMUs.
> >
> >Well, there you go, Dean, I should have said IMU's and not SMU's are
being orded for Brisbane Airport services! I hope >that you don't lose any
more sleep over such a minor error! QR/Airtrain still should have planned to
operate modern train >sets with suitable luggage space, from "day one", not
months after the opening of the line. Plus, has there been anything said
>about providing a good quality PT map in the trains? Or, perhaps a rack on
board the trains for accommodation, tourist >information, and local and long
distance timetables, so that passengers can obtain that information before
reaching the >Brisbane CBD? Or, will people say that the ideas I have
outlined here, are not viable? What will you say, if the above >concepts are
used by Airtrain? That it wasn't my idea? I would expect so, Dean!

... and theres something wrong with being pedantic? I think not.

Racks of brochures on trains? What drug are you on? I can understand racks
of brochures at the Airtrain stations and at other stations on the Citytrain
network, but on trains? Please explain how thats going to work? We all want
extra seating on trains, room for wheelchairs and luggage, but now you want
space to put a bloody rack in for tourist brochures? Think about it, there
isn't any space left on the units. Airtrain won't take up the ideas anyway,
they don't own the trains.

> I had a letter published in a newspaper, that raised the above ideas. Plus
the
> concept of painting the cars in bright colors, and having a car on each
set
> sponsored by the private sector, using well produced advertising. Various
local
> councils, such as Brisbane, Ipswich, the Gold Coast, etc, could promote
their
> regions by having high quality murals done on the inside of some of the
cars.

It ain't gonna happen. About the only QR train you're going to see in the
near future with nice bright colours is the Cairns Tilt Train. QR won't do
murals on the inside of the trains, its better to have neutral colours
inside suburban trains.

> I wonder whether you "nit-pic" other aus.rail users on every point that
you
> think is wrong. If so, you will be burning the candle at both ends! No
hard
> feelings, Dean, have a nice day.

No, only you. With some of the hare brained ideas you've come up with, who
wouldn't nit-pic? Until you stop coming up with these rather warped ideas,
I'll keep on 'nit-picking' at you.