Re: Brisbane airtrain

nospam@newsranger.com (John Coyle) wrote in
<eXwT6.1508$bA3.74244@www.newsranger.com>:

>On a related issue, I discussed the problem of the high cost of buying
>new passenger cars with John Atkin, who was then, the Traveltrain
>Manager, at QR. My suggestion was to obtain good quality second hand
>passenger cars, in particular, diesel rail cars, from Japan, at a much
>lower cost that buying new equipment. I also felt that QR could explore
>options such as India or China for the purchase of rolling stock. The
>reason that I even raised the overseas "option" is that Walkers have
>offered a "quote" to QR of six million dollars per two car set, for
>diesel rail cars. That is way too high a price to be viable for QR to
>consider! Mr Atkin was talking about obtaining rail cars to replace
>trains such as the "Westlander" and "Inlander".

John, you really are a "fruitloop".

Remember this is "money" going into "Australian" pockets. This helps "keep"
the "economy" in good order. Considering the "value" of the Australian
"dollar", it would be rather "expensive" to buy from "overseas" now anyway.

And then to "suggest" that we should be buying "clapped out" old
rollingstock from India or China.. Gotta make you "wonder". Almost as
"good" as the suggestion of a "wooden" passenger car between the loco and
"wagons" of a "coal" train.

M.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Never engage in an intellectual argument with an idiot.
They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience --
(Unknown)