Re: [Melbourne] W-class trams

"Chris Gordon" <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
3AB31895.E1413400@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au">news:3AB31895.E1413400@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...
> > change
> > >
> > > Nope, CONDUCTORS.
> > >

> > Agreed!  The customers/passengers have no idea what a Customer Servicer
> > Officer or CSO is.
>
> Well the reason I call them conductors in Sydney is simple, because they
> call them conductors too:

Which leaves me wondering what would happen on a Sydney tram if an entire
symphony orchestra decided to board at the one stop. Would the tram
crewmember who was not the motorman/driver sell the orchestra tickets, or
would he/she tap a ballpoint pen on something metallic, and then proceed to
direct the orchestra through a renedition of "The Sydney Railway Waltz"
(185?)?