Re: Metcard - one card, many adventures.

"Richard John Cavell" <rjcavell@student.unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message
Pine.OSF.4.10.10103171524300.4661-100000@cassius.its.unimelb.edu.au">news:Pine.OSF.4.10.10103171524300.4661-100000@cassius.its.unimelb.edu.au...
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Daniel Bowen wrote:
> > Hopefully the installation of cameras and driver intercoms on the
> > refurbished and new trains will reduce this kind of thing.
>
> That reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Bart rings 911 to report a
> murder...
>
> "If you are the person being murdered, please press one..."
>
> Cameras and driver intercoms will not change a things.  Police officers
> with power to arrest on suspicion and carry weaponry will change things.
> But they're too busy lining up at McDonald's to catch trains.

They're on some trains. Obviously not enough.

I was on a night train a couple of months ago - there were some teenagers
drinking and smoking in the carriage. One had taken off his trousers. I
switched carriages. When I got off the train I saw them trying to explain
what they'd been doing to three police officers!

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au