Re: Metcard - one card, many adventures.

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Daniel Bowen wrote:

> Hopefully the installation of cameras and driver intercoms on the
> refurbished and new trains will reduce this kind of thing.

That reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Bart rings 911 to report a
murder...

"If you are the person being murdered, please press one..."

Cameras and driver intercoms will not change a things.  Police officers
with power to arrest on suspicion and carry weaponry will change things.
But they're too busy lining up at McDonald's to catch trains.

Richard Cavell - richardcavell@mail.com

Newsgroups - Please keep any discussion on the group, and copy your
replies to me via email. (Server problems).  Sending me bulk email
guarantees a nasty response.

Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson on Bill Gates: "He has a Napoleonic concept
of himself and his company, an arrogance that derives from power"