Re: [VIC] Revenue protection [WAS [Melbourne] W-class trams]

"Ian Jelf" <ian@bluebadge.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
WwExGmAIXds6EwB6@bluebadge.demon.co.uk">news:WwExGmAIXds6EwB6@bluebadge.demon.co.uk...
> In article <wPis6.3772$992.22024@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Daniel
> Bowen <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> writes
> >The behaviour thing is particularly a problem after dark, mostly from
> >teenagers - I recently encountered one group on the 67 all shouting about
> >how they were going to "f*** the Met".
>
> That could keep them busy for a while.......   :-)

In a literal sense, perhaps. But this kind of behaviour effectively f***s
it - most non-captive customers who are on the vehicle at the time will
observe this and if they possibly can, use their cars the next time. These
are precisely the people the transport companies should be trying to attract
to their services - less likely to be evading fares, more likely to pay full
fares than concessions, and less likely to be causing wear and tear on
vehicles!

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia