Re: [VIC] Revenue protection [WAS [Melbourne] W-class trams]

I think you have a valid point, though I don't think the "bad" conductors
were in the majority. Maybe some of them did just sit on their bums in their
Z class seats, but I think their very presence deterred the kind of fare
evasion levels and anti-social behaviour that we're seeing now.

The behaviour thing is particularly a problem after dark, mostly from
teenagers - I recently encountered one group on the 67 all shouting about
how they were going to "f*** the Met". But even during daytime, I've seen
twice recently people smoking in the back of the tram (though holding their
cigarettes out of the window - how considerate). Actually it may have been
the same person twice.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia