Re: Rough Tracks

Fellow Ausrailers,

I think the points and comparisons  being made are completely unreasonable!

Lets face it, the countries with which you have decided to compare Australia with
have populations far exceeding ours :

France for example has a population of around 50 million and Great Britain 60
million all in an area less than 1 million square kilometres.

Australia has a population of around 17 million in an area of 7.6 million square
kilometres.

It is much easier to build and maintain 1st class track when you have taxes and
revenue for nearly 7 times as many people being spent in 1/7th the area.

I know our tracks should be better, but without massive rationalisation of
infrastructure(closing branch lines etc - which noone wants to see happen)you can't
expect 1st class track.

But may I add, hopefully now the 2 week sports carnival is long past more money may
be diverted back to rail infrastructure to improve the track etc.

Just some thoughts

regards

Mark