Re: Woomera -

"Roy Wilke" <roywilke@notabitlikeanisp.net.au> wrote in message
h1Dp6.16$Vm1.472100@news.interact.net.au">news:h1Dp6.16$Vm1.472100@news.interact.net.au...
| "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message

| > Anyone can discuss anything they want to in any unmoderated group. You
| want censorship, go elsewhere.
|
| Then can you explain to me and others who might be slow on the uptake like
| me why it is that there are a large number of discrete sub-categories in
| usenet? If "anyone can discuss anything they want in an unmoderated
| newsgroup", then oughtn't there be only one newsgroup entitled "Alt" which
| could replace the many thousands of different newsgroups on usenet?

Just because a group has a title doesn't mean that's *all* that can be
discussed there. Just as discussions on a particular subject title wander
off course, so too can the subject matter itself.

| And, going by your reasoning, anyone can post anything in an unmoderated
| newsgroup

If they want, yes.

| I suppose you'd have no particular objection to me posting a JPEG
| file of the Lake Hart #6 launching pad at the Woomera Range, would you.

None at all, though others will whinge at you about bandwidth and it not
being a binaries newsgroup.

| After all, this *is* an unmoderated newsgroup, and so I assume that you'd
| agree with me if I argued that there should be open slather on what is
| posted in aus.rail.

There has been and is.

| By the way, does anyone want to know what I had for breakfast this
morning?

I'll bite.

| Okay, it has nothing to do with railways, but then neither does the
| Commonwealth's policies in relation to Immigration.

I don't recall any such discussion.