Re: Woomera -

Left out all the garbage, but for some here is a some more

say we can assume that there are 10,000 illegal immigrants heading for
Australia [Q jumpers regardless]
Lets invite them all to live here, in fact we can help them avoid the sea
journey [probably save more than 60 lives a year, according to Aus. Gov.
figures] We will air-lift them into Australia as fast as we can!!
Now we can assume that Turkey and some Arab Countries are not the only ones
who are sick and tired of their own lot, and would come to Australia...So is
it so silly to think, that a hundred thousand, or maybe 10 million or more
people from Africa, South America and parts of the old Soviet Union and
Europe, might also try to enter our Country.
What about all the Christians in Indonesia, persecuted by  Muslim Religeous
Zelots, who show little compassion for others.
So we better use Qantas full time to ship people into our Country!   I am no
Einstein, but it does not take much common sense to understand that this
Country is allmost all desert, with a small coastal fringe of habitable
land.
As a Christian, I have to say, we must share and aid wherever we can, but
you have to have some rules too. And you have to be strong to be kind. A
government has a responsibility to defend its lands and its populations, as
well as support those Countries that need whatever help we can give.
Our Leaders walk a long and dangerous tightrope. Would you like to be the
one who decides.
All illegal migrants, will shout that they are being persecuted, but these
illegal shipments of people, are expensive. How many dollars did Saddam
leave his people Where do they get the $100,000 US Dollars it is supposed to
cost to get from Turkey, Iran and Irak, to Indonesia, and Australia??
My guess is that the Rich Merchants, and many political friends of these
states are the ones running. The real deserving cases get only to where they
can walk!
Every "refugee" should be held for as long as they need medical attention,
and returned back to whence they came.
The problem would then solve itself. The millions being spent on housing
them in the Detention Centres could be better used in aid to these
Countries.
I am sorry, but Aussie is just too poor, to do something that USA would not
even attempt, with all its wealth.
Rod