Re: Flinders Street Redevelopment (WAS: Box Hill station)

Although I don't know for sure, but concourse at Flinders Street will be
further developed.  Connex has published a 4-page brochure, titled
"Flinders Street Station concourse redevelopment proposal".  It includes
a proposed new concourse layout and changes include:

1.  Convert existing ticket window area into cafes;
2.  Relocate police booth to beside the entrance to the male toilet
entrance;
3.  Female toilet entrance relocate to the the walkway between platform
1 and platform 2/3 escalators;
4.  Relocate barrier gates so they run parallel to the large class
windows looking down to various platforms;
5.  Customer Service booth will be located in the middle of the bank of
barrier gates;
6.  Areas between Tabaret and platform 8/9 escalators will contain
speciality shops.
7.  Sliding doors underneath the clocks.

For further information or to provide comments, please contact:

Mr. Arthur Bruce,
General Manager (Commercial Services)
Connex Trains Melbourne Pty. Ltd.
GPO Box 5092BB