Re: [Vic] Metcard Ad

Paul Edwards <p.edwards@its.unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message
p.edwards-ya023580000603011118450001@news.unimelb.edu.au">news:p.edwards-ya023580000603011118450001@news.unimelb.edu.au...
> In article <3aa4a50f@news.alphalink.com.au>, "Peter Parker"
> <parkerp@alphalink.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I'm puzzled about the intent of this ad campaign.
>
> It strikes me that the purpose of this campaign is to bolster public
> awareness and acceptance of the Metcard system in a positive way.

The best way to do this is to make sure it actually works!   I've found
validators at stations are mostly OK, but ticket machines need better
maintenance (as reported in the Hun recently).

Only advertise something if it's good.  If it's a dud, telling people
that it's not is throwing good money after bad.

Peter