Re: [Vic] Metcard Ad

James C. <james_ccj@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3aa1ed29$0$25489$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3aa1ed29$0$25489$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "> Just watching Ch 9 this morning and saw a new ad...

Metcard has also been advertising on the radio.

I'm puzzled about the intent of this ad campaign.   To me it's a massive
waste of money
and achieves nothing.  The money would be better spent on fixing and
maintaining all
 those broken Metcard machines.

The metcard is only a means to an end (personal mobility through public
transport).
I support marketing of public transport, but ad campaigns should focus on
the benefits
it offers, rather than highlighting what to me is a side issue.  It's a bit
like car dealers
advertising car keys rather than the car itself!

Peter