Re: Box Hill station

"James C." <james_ccj@optusnetdotcomdotau> wrote in message
3aa374ef$0$25519$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3aa374ef$0$25519$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > "Bryan Cullis" <spanky81@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> > 3aa36241@dnews.tpgi.com.au">news:3aa36241@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> > > It still is the busiest suburban station outside of Flinders St.,
>
> No kidding? not even Richmond/South Yarra can compete with it?

Probably depends how you measure it. Richmond would have more train
movements. But for people going through the gates (excluding special events)
South Yarra and Box Hill are probably busier than Richmond.

Though like I said in another post, my understanding is that Melbourne
Central is the second busiest station. I'd be interested in seeing some
official figures. The only thing I can find on the web is Connex saying that
Flinders Street is the busiest station with "over 100,000" passengers each
weekday.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia