Copied from thread - Some NRC info, Re. Alb/Wod Bypass Freeway

Just read the Border morning mail today and to my absolute amazement, Peter
Wilson wrote (for BMM) nothing but venom for the proposal !!!  Where do
these people get off?  They honestly believe that the Hume Hwy/Fwy is solely
in place to serve Albury's own interests!!!

Get with it Internal freaks Albury is just another dot between Melb and
Sydney.

Ahh, I feel better now...

M.Pascoe.

** Below has been copied from a comment made by Rod [commtrain] in the
thread 'Some NRC info'.

80% and more is on the Hume Highway, although the vested Interests in Albury
have been arguing that is not right!
20% left is divided between NRC, Freight Corp, Austrac, ATN, SCT/ GNRS and
Fright Australia.
Anyway, it seems that Anderson, Deputy Prime Minister after the NationalsWar
Cabinet meeting in The North East last night, refused the Money bag
Commercial Interests in Albury and today declared that at long last Albury
Wodonga will be bypassed by an External Freeway, starting at Barnawartha and
rejoining the Hume out past Etamoggah. A victory for Common Sense.
But to the amazement of most He has also promised an Internal boulevarde
crossing the Murray, at a third bridge at the same time.
Wonderfull what the fear of voters will do after Victoria and West
Australia, Queensland all overwhelmingly reject the Conservatives, as the
Liars and thieves they certainly are[ if only a couple of percentage points
worse than the alternative]
After 30 years of Fighting, we will get our Freeway Bypass, which means I
will have to learn to sleep again, listening to crickets, rather than
exhaust brakes all night.
 Rod [comtrain];o))))))))))))
Hunslet <hunslet@cia.com.au> wrote in message
3A90B37B.76AE4829@cia.com.au">news:3A90B37B.76AE4829@cia.com.au...