Re: Things may be better for Countrylink Trains

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:10:21 +1100, "f.u.i.t.b.e.t"
<fuitbet@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>1/ What do you mean I do not understand Jack?
>I was a driver at Countrylink at Eveleigh back when Counrtylink was first
>born.

Good to hear. bet ya wish ya were still there, like the blokes from
Junee who kissed the ground when they came back.....

>I understand only too well the problems with running express trains in on
>time!
>What you are saying is every thing else must stand aside for Countrylink
>irrespective of it`s late running and the reason behind it please correct me
>if that statement is wrong!

Im not saying that. the Director of Rail is sayin that. I just happen
to agree with him....

>2/ NRC insists on running big trains what a crock of shit!!

Not a crock of shit at all. they run trains on the north coast that
the infrastructure cannot handle.... why else would the things be
derailing, breaking away etc?... and the problem train is usually the
steell train... funny that. too heavy and too long

>NRC makes a submission to the TRACK OWNER who says yes or no to a path for
>the particular service.
>3/ The reliability of the Paxman pommie piece of trash is more than
>questionable and has been since day one.

It has how so?.....  they are the most utuilised engine in the rail
industry bar none... they ahve done a pretty good job over the years
for the attention they get

>How much of the public`s purse is going to be put into these so called power
>units?

about 20 million.......

>The money foolishly spent on putting another boat anchor in the rotting
>carcass could have been spent on some decent dedicated high speed
>locomotives.

Like the Els I spose

>But maybe not, all the people at TOY TOWN still live with fantasy created by
>the John Shields of this world that it will work one day.

No your total ignorance is howin thru. resorting to insults.,

>You only have to look at the ABB cars

So U blokes have stopped running old rollingstock donated by the sate
govts when NRC was launched?

 and you whinge about a few minutes
>late running,you people charge people to ride in these Cement
>mixers(affectionately named by Countrylink staff).

as i siad at the start U don't understand... that the few mins on a
NRC train makes a difference particularly on the UP, to when you will
arrive in sydney.. and the one thing that intrigues me is that the
XPTs are never blocked by Freight Corp or other operators.... Gee I
wonder why that is?

>Jack by the way, NRC is Countrylink`s BIGGEST FULL FARE PAYING CUSTOMER with
>the emphasis on paying.

Wonder why that is?  U blokes still cancelling trains and cant get
balances right? I guess if you don't like the service there is always
the Dog.

Cheers
Jack