Re: Wheres all Victorian Big Diesels gone?

Which Rod?
I think I accidently lost a billy once, with the tea leaves!!
C's only had kettles on them if they had been accepted for use in AN
territory.
We were happy to use our own billies in the hotplate, provided since new.
You did however forget the bloody sliding windows, that were spring assisted
to resist both opening and closing.
Several times I saw the Firemans window shatter into millions of fragments,
and the top lock and bar would still be hanging from the top of the frame.
Of course they fixed this problem after a long fight by Neville Mann [is he
still around?]
V/Line were convinced the plastic, although stone proof, would scratch
badly, and should not be used.
Shifty Neville won the day, and several months later all the C's cab Windows
and most of all the other classes had badly scratched windows, that made the
mirrors useless from then on.
Check out the N Classes next time you see one!
Ah! I would almost wish I was back to drive a C again.They have character.
Cheers
Rod
a6lc9t8o4s3hhi5oulmrbvlkti3fjktrl7@4ax.com">news:a6lc9t8o4s3hhi5oulmrbvlkti3fjktrl7@4ax.com...