Re: Wheres all Victorian Big Diesels gone?

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:08:26 +1100, The Narc <gono15@hotmail.com.com>
wrote:

>chance go about saying the "Cs" should still be running main line :-))

I keep hoping that if FA get NR, the Cs will be brought home like nine
prodigal children.

One of my clients (FA not NRC<g!>) told me recently that he and a
couple of others would volunteer to take a G or two over to SA and
drag them back to Vic as soon the ink was dry on the NR purchase
contract - yes, noisy, vibrating monsters that were too hot in summer,
too cold in winter, the kettle didn't work (or Rod threw them out of
the window) but these locos had a brutish no-nonsense attitude that is
totally lacking in today's purring NRs.

 </C class rant off>

Photos of C508 in NRC's yard in Sep 99 may be viewed at
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me/c508.htm

Not having had a chance to chase ATN's Ls out of Melbourne, the best
thrash I heard out of them was the runpast on delivery day at APD
(thanks for that, Sean<g!>).   Now convert the Ls to BG and run them
up Ingliston Bank, aah there'd be a ground trembling performance! (and
I haven't got the time/money/spousal approval to race up to NSW to
hear them work out of Pt Kembla.

Yuri