Re: [NSW] L/S Sets

Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
3a959ff1$0$25519$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a959ff1$0$25519$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> L8 and S87 is running around currently. Both are Hornsby sets.
>

> "Glen O'Riley" <glen.orileyDES@PAMlinx.iwarp.com> wrote in message
> 3a951a7a$0$25512$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a951a7a$0$25512$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> | On Wednesday I saw my first joined L and S set joined together come
though
> | parramatta. It may have been a pocket rocket but looked to be a definite
> | L+S. I was heading west out of platform 2 at Parramatta station at
> 11:49hrs,
> | then a similar (if not the same train reversed) came though about
> 19:00hrs.
> | Have they decided to throw a few of these in sector 3 or have they
always
> | been doing the runs there?

I do not know why that set is targeted L8 for because there is no driving
trailer in the consist to make it divisible. It could have been Set R32
which you saw because it has four power cars and two trailers and most of
the cars in that consist where refurbished in the Citydecker program at
Elcar some years ago.

At the moment on the Illawarra there is a 6 car set made up of Set L1 and R2
consisting of 6 cars.