Re: [NSW] L/S Sets

I said in my posting that it wasn't an R set. It looked to me as though
there was an option to uncouple the two and bring them back to normal. As to
why not make it 2 R sets if that is what you are hitting at, who knows,
probably too much paperwork to swap them around.

"abp" <abp@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
974g02$u5g$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:974g02$u5g$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...

> Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
> 3a959ff1$0$25519$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a959ff1$0$25519$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > L8 and S87 is running around currently. Both are Hornsby sets.
> >

> > "Glen O'Riley" <glen.orileyDES@PAMlinx.iwarp.com> wrote in message
> > 3a951a7a$0$25512$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a951a7a$0$25512$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > | On Wednesday I saw my first joined L and S set joined together come
> though
> > | parramatta. It may have been a pocket rocket but looked to be a
definite
> > | L+S. I was heading west out of platform 2 at Parramatta station at
> > 11:49hrs,
> > | then a similar (if not the same train reversed) came though about
> > 19:00hrs.
> > | Have they decided to throw a few of these in sector 3 or have they
> always
> > | been doing the runs there?
> > |

> I do not know why that set is targeted L8 for because there is no driving
> trailer in the consist to make it divisible. It could have been Set R32
> which you saw because it has four power cars and two trailers and most of
> the cars in that consist where refurbished in the Citydecker program at
> Elcar some years ago.
>
> At the moment on the Illawarra there is a 6 car set made up of Set L1 and
R2