Re: Transport ticket system collapses

> Unfortunately I had boarded the tram with insufficient small change to
secure the relevant
> Metcard and the machine didn't take notes.

And you've never been on this newsgroup before and heard the various
rantings about this? And you didn't read the sign on the tram stop where you
boarded? And you didn't read the sign in the fron window of the tram and/or
the sticker next to the door that you boarded through?

>  The more pathetic thing was that even if I did have enough change, I
still couldn't buy a ticket to Zone 3 anyway.

Why not? The tram machines sell them. Any combination except a Zone 3-only
(which makes sense because your ticket has to be valid for the zone you are
currently in, and you stated that you had no ticket so we can assume you
weren't trying to buy an add-on).

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex @ bigfoot com)