Re: Transport ticket system collapses

Chris Gordon <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
3A8FA0AB.D8196CF1@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au">news:3A8FA0AB.D8196CF1@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...
> > > The Sydney  ' Tram - Light Rail - Metro '  Auto ticket machines don't
work
> > > either...................
> >
> > (How did you get out of my killfile?????)
> >
> > The reason they don't work is because they have been (deliberately)
switched
> > off by the operators, who have resorted to on-board sales.
>
> on-board sales?
>
> Oh, they have a conductor now.  (like Melbourne should have).

Exactly.  The only bloke interested in tickets on the tram recently was the
arrogant fellow trying to fine me for not having a one.  Unfortunately I had
boarded the tram with insufficient small change to secure the relevant
Metcard and the machine didn't take notes.  The more pathetic thing was that
even if I did have enough change, I still couldn't buy a ticket to Zone 3
anyway.  In any case, very few of the Metcard machines I attempted to use
worked (over a two week period at various stations), I just glad that some
of the station counters kiosks had real people to sell you a ticket.  The
rest of the time I travelled without one but I guess a broken machine would
be no excuse if you're caught?

steamfreak