Re: Cityrail Station Staff

"Tony Gatt
| "Tezza"
| > "Tony Gatt"

| > have had enough of itIf you dont like the train system, please find some
| > other way of getting to work.
| > |
| > | You are in the minority of staff who do give a rats.. cos most station
staff DON'T care.
| > | They're jobs are safe - they work for the Government..
| > |
| > | Privatise it and see what happens to the customer service staff.. they
| > will actually do that, "Service for the customer"
| >

| > When it's privatised you won't be able to find any staff.
|
| Thats not entirely correct. Melbourne appointed Premium Stations and these
| are the stations that are staffed from first to last train.

Stuff the passengers at all the other stations though? Anyone know what it's
like in NZ and Pommieland?

| Why do you still need station staff selling tickets when there are two
| machines outside the window that do just that?

Because they bought useless machines. Because they're always breaking down.
Because they won't let station staff empty or stock the machines. Because so
many people try to get concession tickets from machines. Because so many
people are stupid and can't work machines.

| Take the initiative and make something of the job, add a bit of prestige
| (and don't tell me they don't pay you enough for it, free travel is the
| biggest fringe benifit I have ever seen)

Yeah, sure beats free cars, accomodation, planes, school fees, boats,
restaurant meals etc, etc.

| and give them a reason to keep you
| on the stations. If they ever want to get rid of station staff, the
biggest
| uproar can come from the public (the voting public) and if they are not
| behind you, then the union roar will only echo through empty halls..

The biggest uproar will certainly come from the public, and commuter groups
should be lobbying now to stop it happening if they know what's good for
them.

| food for thought?

I'm still hungry.