Re: [VIC] Ill-informed NIMBYism can be more dangerous than trains "mowing down rows of houses and a school".

Taliesin Walker <taliesin@chariot.net.au> wrote in message
3a8dbc61.1190109@news.chariot.net.au">news:3a8dbc61.1190109@news.chariot.net.au...
> >Is there an opposing group to these idiots? Someone to support the link?
> >Lets hear their side of the story.
> Unfortunately, from my observation, people only seem to form these
> groups to oppose things. (That is modern democracy for you!)
>
> Tali

They tend to get all upset because the rail line will "affect" them. Heaven
knows, if the thing is built it would probably be put behind those huge
concrete walls to buffer the sound, and no doubt they would complain about
that too!!

They also seem to form catchy named groups. Maybe, instead of calling
themselves SNARL they could call themselves Melbourians Opposing Railway On
Numerous Scenarios  :-))

Glenn