Re: [VIC] Ill-informed NIMBYism can be more dangerous than trains "mowing down rows of houses and a school".

> Oak Park resident and protestor Stephen Roach said the potential of trains
> derailing and "mowing over rows of houses or a school" in Hume as well as
> noise problems and threats to archeologically significant sites wherever
> the line is built would be "the worse thing to ever happen to the northern
> suburbs".

Gosh, and the 747's that fly over his house in Oak Park en route to the
aforementioned airport pose no threat of falling out of the sky and mowing
down a suburb or two?

Ya gotta love them..

Noise Problems...  747's make considerably more noise that a rapid transit
link I would think..
(I lived under the flight path at Kealba, south of Tulla for 9 months)

Archeologically signifficant sites.. the man himself sounds like a
dinosaur.. maybe he is planning on getting mowed down by a stray train.. who
knows...

Is there an opposing group to these idiots? Someone to support the link?
Lets hear their side of the story.

Tony.