Re: [VIC] Ill-informed NIMBYism can be more dangerous than trains "mowing down rows of houses and a school".

> Is there an opposing group to these idiots? Someone to support the link?
> Lets hear their side of the story.
>
> Tony.

The best way to support the Broadmeadows - Airport rail link which I believe
is the best link for all the reasons that Michael brought forward is through
making a written sumbission to the Independent Panel that is making a
recommendation to the State Government on which is the best route.
Information on the submission process is found at
http://www.doi.vic.gov.au/airportlink (see bulletin February 2001, page 3).

If sensible people do not make submissions then the panel will be swamped
only by submissions only fom local NIMBYs opposing the link!

While not trying to be too critical of PTUA policy I find it rather ironic
that the same people who are often encouraged to join protests against new
freeways are the ones protesting against public transport improvements. What
I believe is an unfortunate occurance at the moment is that the PTUA gets
more publicity as a freeway protest group than a group lobbying for improved
public transport. While I realise that money spent on roads is less money
spent on rail, sometimes I just get sick and tired of protests and the
NIMBYs that they attract.

Anyway enough ranting. I just hope that this rail link gets built and it can
become a good example of how public transport can work in a dispersed city!

Ross