Re: re why ......

"BEE EFF" <mcreely@pnc.com.au> wrote in message
3A828849.4DEE326C@pnc.com.au">news:3A828849.4DEE326C@pnc.com.au...
> I  agree with you Rod it's halfwits like this(and am I being polite)who
have
> kept the drivers position as it is it wasn't until NR

back up halfwit ..how about a full stop?

 .

> As I have said before I have never understood with the amount of training
and
> knowledge that is required to become a driver and maintain that
qualification
> why it has never been recognised as a trade,

this training was indeed sparse compared to what we had to go through .. ie
. .were u required to sit and pass two seperate sets of engineers exams .
one to drive slow trains then one to drive fast trains several yearslater??
8 hr written exams?  80% pass marks?

something the union should have
> pushed for years ago(please I don't want to start a seperate argument
about
> what unions do and don't do).

what diff does a name make? trade? skilled labourer? rubish collecting is an
honourable job .. some one has to do it .. please try and shrink your head
alittle

> I can remember hearing years ago that a driver used to be held in the same
> esteem as a High School Principal or a Crown Sergeant of Police(not now,
we are
> treated with contempt as any other blue collar worker is treated).

here is some milk .. go cry into it ... apply ice to your swollen head to
reduce its size!

> As I said before if this was this guys attitude to the job no wonder he
bailed
> out(must have been all too much).

LOL there are a myriad of reasons why one changes employment ..a terminal
illness worked for me !