Re: re why ......

 I  agree with you Rod it's halfwits like this(and am I being polite)who have
kept the drivers position as it is it wasn't until NR first came along that you
were able to move from state to state as a driver(except Pilbara
region)without  having to start all over again.

As I have said before I have never understood with the amount of training and
knowledge that is required to become a driver and maintain that qualification
why it has never been recognised as a trade, something the union should have
pushed for years ago(please I don't want to start a seperate argument about
what unions do and don't do).

I can remember hearing years ago that a driver used to be held in the same
esteem as a High School Principal or a Crown Sergeant of Police(not now, we are
treated with contempt as any other blue collar worker is treated).

As I said before if this was this guys attitude to the job no wonder he bailed
out(must have been all too much).

At least now Drivers can move from operator to operator and state to state(the
only good thing to come out of deregulating the industry- I'll get a barage on
that last statement).

Regards BEE EFF