Re: J512- Standardisation

In article <L%Jh6.37$pi7.3610@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> david (david@gwmail.nmit.vic.edu.au) wrote:
> > Finally, a SG VR loco ! I hope Seymour take J512 on  many a
interstate do ,
> > Pity a "R" is not being converted ! Show the rest od Australia some
of our
> > Victorian Locos !
>
> It raises the question why SRHC is the only main line preservation
group
> doing this. Don't any other operators take sg seriously?

Steamrail did a few (proibably about 10 years ago now) but after a
conflict with the board, the SG cars that Steamrail had were sold to
ARHS Canberra, with Steamrail keeping the LAN and NAM they had broguht
arround the same time.

Why this conflict occured, I have no idea, nor do i wish to speculate
why.

The day is more than likely coming when steamrail will have to look at
SG seriously with the planned/proposed gauge conversions within
Victoria.

Adam

> Cheers
> David