Re: Behaviour Modification. (was Re: Train Drivers are losers (was Re: Guards are *))

"BEE EFF" <mcreely@pnc.com.au> wrote in message
3A862C85.2398FB62@pnc.com.au">news:3A862C85.2398FB62@pnc.com.au...
> Well Paul,
>
> As part of the moral minority you seem to be very selective about the
language
> you find offensive(worse has been posted as a header-but that must be
> okay)because you now have only chosen to speak up.
>
> I am not saying I was right in using that language, but don't start being
all
> self righteous about one posting(I didn't see you having anything to say
about
> the post that started this - Guards are C..ts), and ingnoring other
posts(BE
> CONSISTANT).

The consistancy was actually to NOT keep replying to the post under that
header (note I removed the word in my reply).
In the early phase of the thread, someone actually changed the header, but
that branch never took off.. only the offensive one did..

> In most cases I have tried to censor my choice of phrases in previous
> postings(or are you like Tony and only read select ones, and then pass
> judgement).

Tony doesn't read the selective few posts! I said I only pop in
occasionally, I didn't say I don't read whats here.
My server unlike others, holds posts for just about a lifetime, so there
isn't much to miss when you read once a week.

> I am not apologising for my choice of words, but would like to add that in
> group such as this, where people are passionate about the topic, things
are
> going to be said that aren't pleasant.

Being passionate about a topic is one thing, being rude is another.
As Paul said, there are youngsters in the group (and Tezza did paint
everybody after that with the same brush), some of which have been abused
for their "insistant" postings, but in their responses have not uttered one
"4" letter word. We should give them the same courtesy me thinks...

> And I agree with Tezza, go to a Railway Station or even a school and see
what
> sort of language is being used.

As I said, painting them all with the same brush isn't going to help
anything is it??
would be like painting all gunzels the same, or guards, or drivers.....

> So in closing just because you have had your sensibilities offended don't
try
> and lay the blame at my feet(as I said it is my right to express an
> opinion),and as was proven in our Central West in a landmark courtcase the
> word "F..K" is actually not deemed to be offensive, but is now a
> colloquialism.

Ahh yes, but there are some things that common courtesy would overrule, you
wouldn't speak like that to the Board of Directors of your company for
example, without some reprocussions, and quoting a Central West judge
wouldn't rescore the brownie points would it?

> So I look forward to your response
>
> Regards
>
> BEE EFF

Tony.