Re: Freight Australia not happy

"Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
xoQg6.425$FU5.17123@ozemail.com.au">news:xoQg6.425$FU5.17123@ozemail.com.au...
| It's dependent upon circumstances.  With a $400/fortnight mortgage that
does
| not attract GST (fees are negligible) I'm considerably better off than I
was
| before 1/7/00 courtesy of the tax cuts, removal of wholesale sales tax and
the
| introduction of the GST.
|
| If that $400 was spent on goods and/or services instead of a mortgage I'd
be
| worse off.  Of course if I could invest it I'd be better off again.

Íf you weren't paying a mortgage you'd probably be paying rent - still no
GST. When most people do their sums they forget that a very lkarge slice of
their weekly expenditure is not subject to GST - mortgages, rent, hire
purchase, food etc. And of course they conviently forget the tax cuts.

| Still won't win Honest John this vote.

Wanna pay more tax? Vote for Labor.